Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pneumatic Crimper


Here is the rough CAD of my pneumatic super tool, extremely rough, but it easily gets the concept across.  I've got many of the parts ordered and already on hand.

Next revision will need.
- Less metal, this one would be a little pricey in raw materials
- Adjustable height between bottom jaw and top jaw in open position
- A working CAD that is to scale and uses the proper parts
- A more compact frame (if possible)

 Here we see many of the power and control components, and I've received even more components in the mail since this was taken. I've also started on assembly of  the control box and decided that there is no room for the big red E-stop switch (Bummer, it wasn't really necessary, but it added a touch of professionalism.)

Blogging is hard. My thoughts never flow on the page quite the way they do in my head. The last couple weeks feel kinda like what I imagine being hit by six trains converging  in a star at the same time would. I'm hoping the summer will call down, its going to be difficult to keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment