Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Custom Cables


I've been making my own Audio and Video cables for as long as I can remember needing them, and tend to hold myself to fairly high standards (in other words, I can make a mean cable if I do say so myself.) So this summer I plan to supplement my income by manufacturing some custom cables for sale on eBay and my website. Of course I'll offer the good 'ole friends and family discount, so if anyone out there is in need of any length XLR, 1/4", IEC, Power or other cables hit me up. I'll update you guys with ore details once I get in the swing of it.

The camera snake is coming together quite nicely as-well. The voltage drop over 200ft of cable, while still significant, doesn't phase the camera in the slightest (it claims 50% battery.) One thing that is becoming apparent is that even with cable as flexible and durable as mine, 200ft 1/2" thick cable is a monster to deal with, and difficult to roll/unroll without kinking. I'll have to figure some sort of management solution out.

Once I get my hands on a male 5pin XLR and nice RJ-45s with boots this project will be complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment